My Zimbio Ex4.MeDirectory-1/atom.xml

Friday 21 September 2012

My idols...............they might be your's as well....!!!!



My idols:

So today friends I will be sharing two great works of poetry by two immortal men:

Lord Alfred Tennyson:






An absolute genius in his own right, he is the source of inspiration to millions of poets all over the world, his poems have an aura around them which is often very difficult to capture. As a tribute to this great legend, I would like to share one of his pieces with you…hope you guys will enjoy

  
A Farewell

Flow down, cold rivulet, to the sea,
Thy tribute wave deliver;
No more by thee my steps shall be,
Forever and forever.

Flow, softly flow, by lawn and lea,
A rivulet then a river:
Nowhere by thee my steps shall be
Forever and forever.

But here will sigh thine alder tree
And here thine aspen shiver;
And here by thee will hum the bee,
Forever and forever.

A thousand suns will stream on thee,
A thousand moons will quiver;
But not by thee my steps shall be,
For ever and forever. 

Please friends do comment……!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment